NSC Swim School Terms and Conditions
Rules of Use
- Participants under the age of 8 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian. Parents/guardians of under 8’s must remain in the building as their child must be escorted to the toilet facilities if required.
- Do not bring your child to the pool if they are ill.
- Parents/guardians must advise the activities officer if their child has a medical condition or learning difficulty that may affect their child’s ability in the lesson. All information is held in accordance with the data protection act 2002.
- Please do not leave personal belongings in the changing cubicles during lessons; use the lockers provided.
- Children wishing to use the pool facility directly after their lesson must make an additional payment at reception. Please refer to our published child supervision ratios.
- Parents are to ensure that goggles are correctly fitted and that their child is able to use them safely.
- If your child has long hair it is compulsory to wear a swim cap.
- Long surfing shorts are not permitted for swimming lessons; please ensure boys have the correct swimming shorts or trunks.
- Any questions regarding your child’s lesson are to be directed to the Activities Officer. Please do not approach the teacher as this disrupts the flow of the lesson. Contact the activities officer via the communications book at reception; email [email protected] or call on 688552.
- We will contact you via email in cases of cancellation, and payment queries.
Emergency Evacuation Procedure
- A recorded message will alert you of the need to evacuate the premises.
- If your child is in a lesson, the teacher will take charge of the evacuation of the group to an assembly point. Please do not try to remove your child from their group.
- On hearing the announcement, please make your way calmly to the nearest fire exit.
- Please do not collect personal belongings.
- Staff on duty will direct you to the nearest assembly point. The assembly points are situated at the far side of the main car park and in the small car park on the right hand side of the main entrance.
- Direct debit is collected on the first working day of each month.
- If paying in blocks of 10, 15 or 20 please make sure you do not run out or you may risk losing your child’s space.
- All swimming lessons are non-transferable and non-refundable in accordance with our bookings policy.
- If paying by direct debit written notice must be given to the NSC Management team to cancel. Please allow 10 working days for us to process this request.
- On receipt of a Doctor’s certificate and written application to the NSC Management team, consideration may be given to customers who are unable to use the facilities for a period of more than 4 weeks due to health issues.
- The NSC reserves the right to collect any unpaid fees in the case of cancellation through Treasury invoice
- The NSC accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to your personal property whilst on its premises
- It is your responsibility to ensure that any medical issues that may affect your child’s safe use of the facilities are brought to the attention of staff
Any information you provide may be held on computer by the Isle of Man Government and used for administration, research, analysis and marketing in accordance with the Data Protection act 2002.