NSC Swim School Terms and Conditions
Rules of Use
- Participants under the age of 8 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian. Swimming Teachers will take responsibility for pupils during their swimming lessons. However, parents/guardians of under 8’s must remain nearby (poolside
viewing or balcony) so that if required the parent/guardian can deal with toilet breaks or any behavioural issues. NSC staff will NOT take pupils to the toilet.
- It is imperative that parents/guardians must remain on the premises whilst the pupil is attending their swimming lessons, in case of a medical emergency, building evacuation or other emergency.
- Do not bring your child to the pool if they are ill.
- Parents/guardians must advise the activities officer if their child has a medical condition or learning difficulty that may affect their child’s ability in the lesson. All information is held in accordance with the data protection act 2002.
- Please do not leave personal belongings in the changing cubicles during lessons; use the lockers provided.
- Children wishing to use the pool facility directly after their lesson must make an additional payment at reception. Please refer to our published child supervision ratios.
- Parents are to ensure that goggles are correctly fitted and that their child is able to use them safely.
- If your child has long hair it is compulsory to wear a swim cap.
- Ensure your child is properly and adequately attired for lessons. Boys are not permitted to wear board shorts and girls are not permitted to wear bikinis.
- Any questions regarding your child’s lesson are to be directed to the Activities Officer. Please do not approach the teacher as this disrupts the flow of the lesson. Contact the activities officer via the communications book at reception; email firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 688552.
- We will contact you via email in cases of cancellation, and payment queries.
Emergency Evacuation Procedure
- A recorded message will alert you of the need to evacuate the premises.
- If your child is in a lesson, the teacher will take charge of the evacuation of the group to an assembly point. Please do not try to remove your child from their group.
- On hearing the announcement, please make your way calmly to the nearest fire exit.
- Please do not collect personal belongings.
- Staff on duty will direct you to the nearest assembly point. The assembly points are situated at the far side of the main car park and in the small car park on the right hand side of the main entrance.
- Direct debit is collected on the first working day of each month.
- If paying in blocks of 10, 15 or 20 please make sure you do not run out or you may risk losing your child’s space.
- All swimming lessons are non-transferable and non-refundable in accordance with our bookings policy.
- If paying by direct debit written notice must be given to the NSC Management team to cancel. Please allow 10 working days for us to process this request.
- On receipt of a Doctor’s certificate and written application to the NSC Management team, consideration may be given to customers who are unable to use the facilities for a period of more than 4 weeks due to health issues.
- The NSC reserves the right to collect any unpaid fees in the case of cancellation through Treasury invoice
- The NSC accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to your personal property whilst on its premises
- It is your responsibility to ensure that any medical issues that may affect your child’s safe use of the facilities are brought to the attention of staff.
- All pupils on the Learn to Swim Programme work towards the Swim England
Learn to Swim Framework.
- Swimming Teachers continually assess all pupils’ progression.
- Progression of all pupils will be at the judgement of the Swimming Teacher and in accordance with the progression within the criteria of the Swim England Learn to Swim framework.
- Pupils will be moved up to the next class when they meet the skills criteria required and if there is adequate room in the next Stage class.
- Upon completion of a Stage, the parent/guardian will be contacted explaining that the child is ready to move up to the next Stage via email/phone. Where Home Portal is available, parents can login and make the required movement.
- A valid email address is required to access Home Portal movements and assessments.
- Due to the continuous progressive nature of our programme, and the variety of ability levels within each session, we cannot guarantee a specific time slot on progression, as a space within the next Stage may not always be immediately available. Those waiting for spaces will be kept in their current Stage until a place becomes available.
Behaviour & Conduct
- Parents accept that their child is under the supervision, control and care of the Swimming Teacher, during the lesson period. Should the behaviour of the child be unsatisfactory, and the class is being disrupted, the Swimming Teacher has the right to remove the pupil from the class.
- The Teacher may employ reasonable measures as are necessary to maintain the smooth delivery of the class. We reserve the right to request that your child should be removed from classes should they persistently disrupt or are seen to be putting themselves or anyone else at risk during the class. If a child is removed under these circumstances, parent/guardian may request a refund by emailing email@example.com.
Any information you provide may be held on computer by the Isle of Man Government and used for administration, research, analysis and marketing in accordance with the Data Protection act 2002.