Department of Education, Sport and Culture - Manx Sport & Recreation Terms and Conditions for Holiday Schemes
- Once you have made an online booking for a holiday scheme, you have a period of 24 hours from the time of booking to contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a cancellation or to change your booking. Bookings cannot be cancelled or changed outside of this 24 hour period. Bookings are non – transferable between holiday periods. Credit cannot be given for use on future bookings.
- Where a customer would like to change a booking within the 24 hour period, they will be required to pay any difference in price of the scheme where the updated scheme costs more than the original booking. Should the updated booking cost less than the original booking, the customer can request a refund.
- Outside of the 24 hour booking period, refunds will only be issued if a child cannot attend a booking due to injury or sickness and will be given ONLY on receipt of a Doctor’s note. There are on occasion exceptional circumstances where it may be appropriate for Manx Sport & Recreation to issue a refund. This is at the discretion of the Senior Management team of Manx Sport & Recreation whose decision is final. Customers are required to present the bank card used to make the booking at the NSC reception in order for the money to be refunded.
- Where a scheme has been cancelled by Manx Sport & Recreation, customers will be contacted and offered either a refund or the option to change to another booking at no additional cost during the same holiday period. Where a scheme is cancelled at short notice it may not be possible for all participants to be contacted prior to arriving at the venue. The Department are not responsible for any additional costs incurred due to any scheme cancellations.
- On occasion due to inclement weather or in the case of an emergency, schemes may be required to finish earlier than advertised, if this is the case no refunds or discounts are available.
- If a participant is sent home for unacceptable behaviour from any schemes prior to the advertised end time, no refunds or discounts are available. If a child is to be sent home they will not be allowed to continue to take part in the activity and must be collected as soon as possible.
- Manx Sport & Recreation operate a zero tolerance approach to bullying and disruptive behaviour and we reserve the right to expel and send any child home from any scheme.
- The Department reserve the right to suspend any child from the holiday activities for any given period of time due to unacceptable behaviour.
- Please make sure your child is booked onto the correct age category as no refunds or exchanges will be given outside of the 24 hour booking period for any child booked onto the incorrect age groups. A new additional booking will be required to be made and paid for.
- If your child attends a scheme and is not on the register, you must provide the email confirmation of the booking in order for your child to be accepted onto the scheme. Without confirmation, your child will not be allowed to take part in the scheme.
- If your child has any medical or behavioural issues please fill out the form at https://msr.gov.im/MBC at least 48 hours prior to the session your child will be attending. (This form only needs to be completed for the first scheme your child attends and it is your responsibility to inform us if there are any changes. Details are kept until your child is too old to attend the holiday activities or until you request we delete our records. Whichever is sooner.)
- Please ensure your child is appropriately dressed for the schemes they are attending. All Manx Sport & Recreation sessions take place both indoors and outdoors regardless of the registration point.
- Manx Sport & Recreation are only responsible for children on sports schemes within the stated times on the booking form. Any child dropped off early will be unsupervised. All children are to be collected at the advertised end time of the scheme. Children may not be left unsupervised and following the advertised end time of the scheme, staff will not be available, and you may be liable for any additional staffing charges incurred by Manx Sport & Recreation as a result of late collection.
- Any child booked onto a full day scheme will be required to bring a packed lunch. Children are not allowed offsite or into the café to purchase food and drinks.
- Any child who breaches the code of conduct will have their name recorded on our coaches de-brief sheet detailing the nature of their inappropriate behaviour which may result in them being excluded from all Manx Sport & Recreation activities for a period of time in the future.
- Any lost property will be kept for a period of one month from the day of the scheme. Please contact email@example.com within one month of your child misplacing their belongings on any schemes. A detailed description of the item will be required to try and locate it. The Department accept no responsibility for loss or damage to any personal property whilst your child is attending schemes.
- In the case of gross negligence by Manx Sport & Recreation, Manx Sport & Recreation and its employees accept no responsibility or liability in the event of death, loss or injury when attending a scheme.
- Children can only be booked and therefore attend activities for their appropriate age group. It is not possible for Reception to Year 2 children to attend Year 3 to Year 6 age group activities and vice versa.
Please note that Manx Sport & Recreation reserve the right to update and amend these Terms and Conditions and in resolving any disputes Manx Sport & Recreation will apply these Terms and Conditions to each individual case and will make an informed decision accordingly. The most up to date version of these Terms and Conditions will be on our website.
Version 1.3 – updated 17/08/2020