Coronavirus update from Manx Sport and Recreation
Currently, social distancing remains compulsory for all residents whenever at work or outside of the home. With the Isle of Man Government advising everyone to stay 2 metres (6ft) away from other people.
Following the recent change to restrictions announced by the Chief Minister on Monday 15th June 2020 the NSC indoor will be able to reopen parts of the facility. Please see the list below for specific information.
For more information on the restrictions, please read the Guidelines for Sport and Recreation PDF.
Before arriving at the NSC, please read our Customer Information PDF.
To view this page as a PDF, please download the NSC Update 22.06.20.
Fitness Zone & Spa
- £2.00 Pay as you go for all customers (no discounts/concessions) up until Sunday 28th June (inclusive). Gym Inductions are available again, please book at Reception.
- Some changing rooms are open, but the showers will need to remain closed.
- Email/letter sent to all members stating:
- Memberships to be unfrozen from Monday 29th June.
- Direct Debits will have next payment taken out on Monday 1st July.
- Those who have paid up front for a membership (1 mth, 3 mth or 12 mths) will have their membership extended.
- Spa Suite scheduled to be open for Monday 29th June.
Sports Halls – Main / Secondary
- Remains closed at this time until a further update has been received from DOI/DHSC.
- As soon as date for reopening has been confirmed and email / booking form will be sent out to regular hirers to rebook their usual slot.
- Open for bookings for 45 min slots – no restrictions on who can play together.
- Usual booking fees apply (£5.25 off peak and £10.50 peak). Available to book online.
- All bookings and activities in the Bowls Hall return to normal.
- All Annual Ticket memberships for the Bowls Hall have been restarted and all Bowlers have been sent a letter in the post confirming their new end date.
- For up to date information on which classes are available please visit msr.gov.im.
- Walk & Talk sessions have recommenced. Sessions at the NSC are £1.00 due to there being no Café available. Green Walk & Talk Sessions also recommencing around the Island from Friday 10th July.
- Scheduled to be open for Monday 29th June
- Swim memberships re-launched and Direct Debit’s to come out on 1st July. All members have been contacted.
- Aquafit Classes to resume from Tuesday 7th July
- Pool to be open for Bookings from Monday 6th July – hirers to submit booking forms to Emma.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Leisure pool and flumes are to remain closed until the refurbishment works are complete.
NSC Athletics Track
- Outdoor Track memberships restarted. Customers have been advised of this by email / letter, if you have not received this please contact email@example.com.
- Track open to the general public on a pay as you go basis. All equipment and facilities available.
The Bowl / Synthetic Pitches / Regional Pitches
- All outdoor bookings can return to normal from now on.
- Email sent out to outdoor hirers (16th June) requesting them to submit booking forms for if / when they wish to return to their original booking slot.
- Any problems please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
MSR School Holiday Programme
- Online bookings to be available to the general public by end of June.
- Information to be released to customers via email / Facebook.
Aqua Natal Sessions
- No sessions at NSC until Leisure Pool reopens.
- Reception will continue to take a list of names for Western Pool Sessions.
- The NSC Café will remain closed until further notice as the Café staff have all been redeployed to support Schools.
If you have any questions, or have not received notice regarding your membership please email email@example.com. Or contact our Reception Team on 688588.
June 2020 Opening Times
Monday - Friday
|07.00 - 20.00|
Saturday & Sunday
|09.00 - 17.00|
What facilities remain closed?
- Leisure Pool & Flumes - closed
- Sports Halls - closed
- Cafe - closed
Isle of Man Government Covid-19 - for advice on leaving your house for exercise, recreation and leisure activities.
We'd like to take this opportunity to thank our staff and customers at this challenging time.
If you have any questions, please get in touch via the contact us page.