What is Isle of Man Fitness Day?
The inaugural event will be held on Wednesday 26th January and act as a platform for Isle of Man residents to find an activity that works for them and continue with it in 2022.
The day will be coordinated by Manx Sport and Recreation which is planning a number of events, including a free 5k fun run, hosted by Ned Group Investments, at the National Sports Centre. People will also be encouraged to try out a new fitness class and challenges set by their local gym or sports club.
At the NSC there are 3 key events to celebrate Isle of Man Fitness Day and they are all FREE to attend:
- Nedgroup Investments 5km Fun Run. You can run, walk with family and friends ALL very welcome!! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register and attend on Wednesday 26th January, 6.15pm @ NSC Raceway. All starters will receive a medal.
- Fitness Yoga. De-stress and stretch with this FREE midday yoga session. Held in the NSC Sports Hall from 1.15-1.45, 30 minutes is perfect to allow travel and changing time without going over your lunch break. There's also free parking and free use of showers/hairdryers at the NSC.
- Circuits Class. 7.15-8pm in NSC Sports Hall. A great combination of cardiovascular and muscle strengthening moves which together blast fat and sculpt your muscles. This class is a fun way to workout in a group environment and every exercise is adaptable so you can go at your own pace... all abilities welcome!
Have a look out for other Fitness Day themed classes and activities in other Gym's and Sports Clubs around the Island.
How do I get involved?
- To register for the Nedgroup Investments 5km Fun Run, please email email@example.com
- To join in with Yoga or Circuits, you will need to book online. If you already have an MSR Scorecard and login please click the link to book online. If you are new to the NSC, please register as a 'pay as you go' member using the Join@Home Link. Registration is free and when you are set up, you can proceed to book online.
We look forward to seeing you on Wednesday 26th January, in the meantime if you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call NSC Reception on 688588.
What else is on around the Isle of Man?
- ABC Fitness. Offering 2 free classes: 5:30pm Metafit with abs & 6:30pm Clubbercise
- Elite Fitness. FREE open day, just pop in for a look around and a chat about your health and fitness goals.
- M - FIT IOM. Hosting an open day for anyone who wants to kick start their fitness journey or just to see what we are about.
- Revolution, the women’s only fitness centre in Ballasalla. Supporting IOM Fitness Day
- The Shred House. FREE session for skateboards, scooters, BMX and skates. There will be equipment available to use.
- West Coast Fitness are having an Open Day where anyone can come and try out our facilities for free.