What is it?
A quiet time in the pool with the floor depth set to 1.20m and the removal of all lane ropes. The Swim 4 me session allows individuals to use the space how they choose; other than just swimming up and down in the conventional fashion.
Sessions are suitable for the following:
- Those who lack water confidence and would like the space to practice swimming at their own pace
- Those who have not been swimming in a while and feel uncomfortable in a lane swimming situation
- Those recovering from injury and wish to practice rehabilitation exercises advised by their physiotherapist
- Those who want to improve overall health using the pool to exercise in a non weight bearing environment
- Those who appreciate a quieter, relaxed environment to exercise in water
The National Sports Centre have the option of graduated steps into the pool and a Pool Pod for wheelchair users or those with mobility issues. Please notify the receptionist when you arrive if you would like a members of staff to assist you with the Pool Pod.
This session is life-guarded (as all sessions at the NSC) however there is no instructor present to offer swimming support or advice on rehabilitation exercises.
Please speak to the Reception Team for further information on Adult Swimming Lessons available at the NSC (688588).
This session is only available during TermTime - it does not run during the school holidays or bank holidays.
What do I need?
A bottle of water, swimwear, a towel, toiletries and £1 for a locker
For more information or to book a place; please contact Zoe Crowe on +441624 688575.
< Return to Water-based Classes