- About your membership
- On joining the National Sports Centre’s (NSC) Membership scheme you will be issued with a membership card. If your card gets lost or damaged a replacement card must be purchased from NSC reception at a cost of £2.50.
- You must bring your card with you to access the NSC facilities.
- You should inform the NSC of any changes to your personal details in order to ensure our records are up to date.
- We reserve the right to terminate your membership without prior notice in the event that (a) you fail to pay the required fees; or (b) you breach any of the rules referred to in the NSC Customer Code of Conduct. This can be found displayed in Reception and online at www.gov.im/sport
- Membership is personal to you and cannot be transferred to any other person.
- Memberships entitle you to use of the following NSC Facilities:
Swim Membership – Leisure Pool, Training Pool, Changing Village, NSC Athletics Track.
Gym/Spa Membership – Fitness Zone, Spa Suite, NSC Athletics Track, use of NSC pool (subject to availability) up until the 2018 pool closure plus free of charge Gym Induction (if required).
Track Membership – NSC Athletics Track.
DLA Gym /Spa Membership - Fitness Zone, Spa Suite, NSC Athletics Track, use of NSC pool (subject to availability) up until the 2018 pool closure, free of charge Gym Induction (if required) and Additional Support* for Gym / NSC Classes (FREE of CHARGE).
*Additional Support - Bringing in additional support (FREE OF CHARGE) to the NSC is NOW available to individuals in receipt of Disability Living Allowance. This is only permitted when the carer/helper/friend is accompanying the individual in an assisting capacity only.
- About the National Sports Centre
- The opening hours are available from the NSC Reception and online at www.gov.im/sport
- The Centre is closed to the Public on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day. Shorter opening hours are in operation on the remaining Bank and Public Holidays.
- The NSC will take all reasonable action to ensure its facilities applicable to this scheme are continuously available. Should it be necessary to close a particular area in its entirety for essential maintenance for a period of 7 days or more, then a pro-rata refund of fees for that period will be paid to you. This does not apply to the general breakdown of equipment/plant during the normal course of business or to its temporary lack of availability or to the planned pool closure in 2018 (see 2d).
- The NSC Swimming Pool will be undergoing an extensive refurbishment during 2018 and will be closed for a period of time. As outlined in the Membership Booking Notes, Swim Memberships will be frozen during this period of closure. No refunds will be provided. For annual members, their membership will be lengthened by the number of days the pool is closed. For Monthly members, no monthly payments will be taken during the period of closure and direct debit payments will be reinstated upon the re-opening of the pool.
- In accordance with The Government Policy on Smoking in Government Controlled Buildings the NSC is a smoke free area and all types of smoking (including e-cigarettes and other “vaping” devices) is prohibited.
- Payment is required at the time of joining the Membership Scheme.
- If opting for an Annual Membership the payment must be made in full either by cash, cheque or debit/credit card.
- If opting to pay by monthly instalments the first instalment must be paid by cash, cheque, debit /credit card. Subsequent payments will be made by Direct Debit.
- If purchasing a 3 month membership package the payment must be made in full either by cash, cheque or debit/credit card.
- Once paid all payments belong to the NSC and no refunds will be paid if your membership is cancelled by you for any reason or by the NSC with regards to clause 1(d).
- If you wish to cancel your monthly direct debit membership you must provide a minimum of 30 days written notice to the Assistant Manager – Administration, National Sports Centre, Groves Road, Douglas IM2 1RB. Cancellations are not permitted within the first 3 months of your membership start date.
- Any fees due as detailed in section 3 must be paid prior to the expiration of the notice period.
- Should fees not be paid you will also be liable for any costs incurred by the NSC in pursuing of payment.
- On receipt of a doctors certificate and written application to the above address, consideration may be given to customers who are unable to use the facilities for a period of more than 4 weeks due to health issues, to freeze their membership until they are fit enough to resume exercise. No refunds will be provided.
- You must wear suitable clean clothing and footwear (if applicable) when using the facilities.
- In the interest of health and hygiene you are required to shower prior to entering the pools, or using any of the Spa facilities, and to wear suitable swim wear in both areas.
- The gym equipment must be used in accordance with manufacturers guidelines and as guided by NSC staff.
- You must not:
- Abuse the equipment or facilities of the NSC. Any wilful or negligent damage must be paid for;
- Behave in a disruptive, violent or rude manner or in any manner which is likely to cause distress or annoyance to other users or staff;
- Smoke in any part of the facilities;
- Bring alcoholic, narcotic or mood altering substances into the facilities;
- Use the facilities whilst under the influence of alcoholic, narcotic or mood altering substances;
- Entry to the facilities may be refused, or you may be asked to leave, if staff on duty consider you to be in breach of these rules or the NSC Customer Code of Conduct (see 1d).
- The NSC accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to your personal property whilst on its premises.
- Accept in the case of gross negligence by the NSC, the NSC and its employees accept no responsibility or liability in the event of death, loss or injury when using its facilities.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that any medical issues that may affect your safe use of the facilities are brought to the attention of staff.
- The NSC reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions of membership as and when required to ensure the effective and safe running of the facilities.
- The NSC reserves the right to alter its opening times.
- The NSC reserves its right to adjust the short term availability of facilities for cleaning, maintenance or replacement.
- The NSC reserves the right to change membership prices. Written notice will be provides to customers in advance of any changes.